What a Folking weekend
Calgary Folk Fest was an unbelievable weekend. Met so many great people, listened to so much great music, shot a whole bunch of film and drank a whole bunch of beer. Couldn't ask for more.
- Receiving life advice against cynicism from Billy Bragg.
- Discovering that my music teacher from 10 years ago now plays keys for Michael Kiwanuka.
- While we're at it, Michael Kiwanuka's set on Friday. Unbelievable.
- Sitting by the river discussing Tom Waits with Foy Vance.
- Shooting portaits of some of my current favourite artists
- Inexplicably playing lead guitar on the main stage for the finale rendition of 'The Weight'
- Drunkenly bitching about Canadians not understanding our accent with Peter Stone of 100 Mile House
...and so much more. So grateful to CFMF for having me, and to everyone who showed up to see me. Here's to many more.